Power steering for the B

To: Adrian Akhurst <mgadel@senet.com.au>, MGB-V8 <MGB-V8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Power steering for the B
From: "James J." <m1garand@speakeasy.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 21:22:56 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Adrian, and all,
    While a completely self-contained electric rack might not be the
easiets method at this time, the MGOC method of electric pump for a
hydraulic rack could still work.  However, MGOC wants $1500.00 US for
the system.  While searching on the web, I found a number of commonly
available japanese and european cars that use electric pumps, (just do a
search under "electric power steering pump") so getting a used/rebuilt
one shouldn't be expensive.  As far as getting a rack, there are
hundreds of models out there for power steering in the $200 to $300 US
 range, rebuilt.  The question is: does anyone know of any modern
production cars with the same size rack as the MG?  Mounting brackets
should be ~trivial~ to make.
Ciao,
James J.