Water pumps, again

To: skylark616263@yahoogroups.com, 215V8@yahoogroups.com, v8 <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Water pumps, again
From: Keith Grider <k.grider@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Jul 2003 14:25:06 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Groups,

I have a '62 Skylark. My query today is about water pumps. Mine is an original 215 from '62. The water pump suction (connection to the radiator) is toward the passenger side of the car. I went to a local parts store and was perusing the parts cross catalog. The water pump in the Carter catalog for this car is an FP 1315 and it looks like what is on my car. It is listed for w/o air as my car does not have air. From what I have read, isn't the difference the length of the snout? The FP 1316 is for air and is available. What would be nice is if the pump suction was toward the driver side so that a cross flow radiator could be fitted. I do not have PS or A/C, so there is nothing on that side anyway! The '63 F85 listed a Simco 1353 pump which appears to suck from the other side. Is this true? Is there, perhaps, a v6 water pump which has suction on the driver side which would facilitate the installation of a cross flow radiator? I have had one response which was to use a Rover upper hose which crosses to the driver side. Is this the suggested solution? Does the Rover 3.5 pump also look like that on a 215? Is there a cross flow radiator that others have used. There was a link sent, but it did not illustrate to me what someone else has used. Any input welcome.

KeithG

///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.