Age and valve train

To: "v8" <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Age and valve train
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 01:05:17 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have an original 62 Olds engine with next to no miles on it.  Could you
guys tell me if the valve springs or lifters will have aged to the point of
needing replacement in all this time?  The car runs fine but valve float
seems to set in a little earlier than I would have expected.  I can't give
an actual RPM because I have never been able to get the VDO tach to read
accurately (that is a whole other story)

TIA.
James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer