RE: engine placement

To: <CraigFaubel@aol.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: engine placement
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 00:12:39 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Craig,  I don't remember which engine you are using, but on the BOP engines
you want to level the carb flange on the intake, the manifold is taller in
the rear than in the front so the angle of the valley pan will differ from
that of the carb flange.  The number that comes to mind was that the carb
flange should be leaning 2deg forward, this tips the valley pan (and drive
train) probably 2deg backward.  The fit is tight enough that you won't have
room to change this by more than a degree or two.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer