Re: detonation / preignaition

To: <215v8@yahoogroups.com>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: detonation / preignaition
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 15:03:45 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Let's not forget that usually aluminum (or even just aluminum heads) engines
can tolerate more compression.

My '63 Buick 215 is one of the 11:1 CR versions. While I'm sure that the CR
is not quite what the factory advertised, but it's still higher than this
3.9 that I am looking for pistons for. I have just a hint of pinging under
load running on mid-grade fuel.

Carl F.
215 MGB in TN