Heater Valve

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Heater Valve
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 04 Sep 2004 13:54:04 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I am very happy to say that I have a great heater valve on my Rover V8 as installed in my MGB that works like a charm. I suppose it would fit a standard engine too???? I fooled around with several ball valves and found one that does not require much effort to turn (Made in Canada!!). I eventually got the added bracket the correct length and fashioned a stainless steel bracket to hold the outer sheath of the cable (generic from your local auto parts shop). Hardest bit was making the adapter to the Edelbrock intake manifold. This is a puzzle! I still have not found a supplier for this bit. Ted Schumacher kindly sent me a used one but I made my own. The pipes and other fittings are bog standard plumbing stuff. Now all I have to do is connect up cables to the central console which seems and impossible task as there is no room for hands to get to sheath and inner wire fasteners.

I also solved the 3/4" V8 pump to 1/2" heater problem. Two generic Goodyear rubber elbows!!

Photos sent on request

Regards
Barrie

Barrie Robinson
(705) 721-9060
///
/// mgb-v8@autox.team.net mailing list
/// Send admin requests to majordomo@autox.team.net
/// Send list postings to mgb-v8@autox.team.net
/// Edit your replies! If they include this trailer, they will NOT be sent.