RE: Stock motor mounts

To: <mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Stock motor mounts
From: "James Nazarian" <jhn3@uakron.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 20:11:58 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@Autox.Team.Net
 I have had a few people suggest that new mounts are available from
AutoZone.  I appreciate the tip, sometimes I underestimate the parts
availability that they have.  I do, however, have a different motive for the
poly mounts.  I use this car pretty heavily for autocross.  In fact, that is
what I built it for.  I have mounted a piston type stabilizer on the engine
already but I am still not getting the positive location that I want in the
motor.  I thought about going to solid mounts, but I'm afraid that if I do
that in the stock mount locations I will break the block, and I don't want
to go through the trouble of doing front and rear engine plates.  For that
reason I have settled on new mounts with a polyurethane pad in them.  It
should hold the engine much more solidly, yet still absorb enough of the
high frequency vibrations to avoid fracturing the block.

Again, thanks for the input.

James Nazarian
71 MGBGT V8
71 MGB Tourer