Heater Hose Routing

To: <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Heater Hose Routing
From: <trichels@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2005 21:52:52 -0500
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a 1977 MGB with a Buick 300 engine.  For the time being, I do not plan
to install the heater core and am wondering if it is O.K. to just route the
hose from the water pump to the rear of the intake manifold.  Will this cause
a problem with the water circulation?  I seem to have an overheating problem
which appears to be caused mainly by inadequate air flow.  I'm working on that
but began wondering if somehow the location of the heater hose was allowing
water to just recirculate without passing through the radiator.

Would appreciate any thoughts on this,

Doug Trichel