Re: Aluminium radiators

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Aluminium radiators
From: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 12:34:49 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Barrie,

Maybe the aluminum rad had much more capacity. My money is on the mechanical
fan. Most electric fans cannot do what a mechanically driven fan can do,
airflow-wise.

I, also, use a mechanical fan (& a stock MG V8 rad & block huggers). My
stock twin electrics never come on either (okay, except if it is 90+ F & I'm
at a looong line at Hardees, which is much slower than McDonalds).

I could be wrong, but I attribute most of the overheating issues to those
trying to use only electric fans. It can be done with more radiator, a BIG
electric fan, & louvers (and/or fenderwell exit headers).

Anyway, it ain't just the radiator.

Carl Floyd
Wide open in TN :)