RE: Aluminum radiators

To: "Carl Floyd" <cmfloyd@chartertn.net>, "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Aluminum radiators
From: "Jim Stuart" <jimbb88@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 23:42:45 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Carl-

You saw my yellow GT at the last meet. With a 308 CI Buick, 9.8/ 1
compression, the radiator is larger than stock, but only uses an electric
fan. For many installations, there is not room for a mechanical fan. The
other problem with a mechanical fan is that it runs slow when you are stuck
in traffic & need maximum cooling, and runs very fast at higher speeds when
you do not need cooling, but it does use more HP.

Jim Stuart

Reply to <jimbb88@comcast.net>