Re: water outlet neck

To: James Bown <jaguarsandrail@hotmail.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: water outlet neck
From: Simon & Donna <sdaustin@shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 10:13:08 -0700
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I'm using the stock Rover housing on my 3.5 and it's outlet points very slightly to the right side of the car. I've got the rad inlet on the driver's side and it's not a problem having the outlet point this way. The one thing different on the Rover that may not work with the 215 is the additional small outlet that hooks into the water pump via a short rubber hose.

I'm not familiar with the Buick water pump so don't know if this pump has this extra fitting. I can send along a picture of the set-up if it helps you with ideas. Have you tried D&D or any of the other suppliers in the States?

Cheers
Simon

Subject: water outlet neck

The water outlet (neck) on my 215 Buick (on the front of the intake manifold) points toward the right side of the car. With the configuration of the cross flow radiator that I have it would be much nicer if the water outlet (neck) pointed toward the left side of the car. Any suggestions on finding such a thing?
Regards,
Jim B.