Exhaust hitting

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Exhaust hitting
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2006 10:21:06 -0400
Sender: owner-mgb-v8@autox.team.net
I have a custom exhaust going over the rear axle on my MGB GT V8 but
the rear axle hits it over badish bumps.  Just enough to be
noisy.  Getting new exhaust piece will be expensive so I wondered if
I can raise the body up a bit - half inch would do it.   I see bits
in Moss catalog to lower car by an inch - so how do you raise it a
half inch?   I have looked at how she sits and it is a bit low at the
back (tired springs?) so could easily stand a bit more up.

Thanks in advance for any responses

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs