RE: Mileage

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, "Paul Hunt"
Subject: RE: Mileage
From: "Smit, Theo" <Theo.Smit@dynastream.com>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 09:53:13 -0600
You should do a plug cut and/or install an O2 sensor in the header
collector(s) to make sure you're not running on the edge, especially
when you put your foot in it. It's entirely feasible to tune the mixture
for efficient highway running but you need to see if the mixture richens
up appropriately when you're at full throttle. Peak efficiency is
generally achieved at stoichiometric or slightly leaner (14.7:1 or
higher air/fuel ratio by mass) while peak power is made using richer
mixtures (12 to 13:1).

Theo