Re: Water pump for the 3.5 V8

To: Neil Moore <neil@droopy.com>, mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Water pump for the 3.5 V8
From: match@ece.utah.edu
Date: Mon, 09 Jul 2007 09:23:19 -0600
On 9 Jul 2007 at 8:55, Neil Moore wrote:

> Hello all,
> I am replacing my engine driven fan with an electric one.  But I need
> some clearance.. Where can I purchase a single pulley water pump or an
> MG "kit" to convert completely to electric for my fans?
> I put a round-track radiator in.. which helps.. Now thats its summer.. I
> have to deal with Chicago traffic and 90+ degrees.. and the MG is not
> too "cool" about that.. 230 degrees is the highest the gauge goes.. and
> thats where it hangs out... once I am moving 20 miles an hour+.. it
> drops to 190.
>
> Thanks for your help!
>
> Neil Moore
> 1970 MGB-V8

Neil,

Order a water pump for an air conditioned car from any parts
store. They're shorter. Then find a single pulley from an early
small-block Chevy. Can't really say exactly which year, you'll
have to look. I'm guessing 1969? Walk around the junk yards,
or order a chrome one from Summit or Jegs or PAW.

Marvin