Re: Oil filters

To: "Barrie Robinson" <barrie@look.ca>, <mgb-v8@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Oil filters
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 09:20:20 +0100
Are you any the wiser?  The graph shows Mobil 1 (classed as 'good'?)
sandwiched between two Frams ('bad'?) at one extreme with Fram Ultraguard
(as good as Mobil 1?) at the other extreme.  K&N (good?) wasn't shown.  That
is just cold flow, the implication being that the Ultraguard was far better
than the Mobil.  On filtration it states Mobil 1 filters down to 10 microns
and K&N 20 (for more sporting applications?) but both of them have the same
98% filtration efficiency at 8-10 micron, and the text says "If the SHO has
two special requirements it is high rate of flow and the need to filter down
to sub 10-micron sizes because of the tight construction."  Doesn't that
include the K&N out (as Sam Goldwyn might have said)?

PaulH.