Cooling with ally rad

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: Cooling with ally rad
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2007 18:07:21 -0400
I did not make the '05 Brit V8 show in Terre Haute due to massive
overheating problems.  This cured by ceramic coating of primary and
secondary exhaust.  Went to '06 do at Townsend but still had problem
when encountering traffic jam or slow moving manoeuvres.  So I went
aluminium rad route and just finished installing it (beautiful job by
Howe Racing for rad) - installation took much much longer than I had
hoped! - lots of niggling problems.  But I finished it tonight and I
let it run in the garage (doors open) so no air and it was hot
today.   The temp stayed rigid at between mid and high so all is well.
Two things:
1) Found that squirting Gunk Liquid Wrench on old stuck hoses loosens
them like mad
2) Found perfect hose to connect bottom passenger side of rad to
water pump - goes past my D&D on-block oil filter.

If anyone going to Willoughby wants a stainless steel grille let me
know and I will bring it to Willoughby thus saving $20 postage.

Regards

Barrie Robinson
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8
Aston Martin DB 2/4 MkII in the wings
http://www.britishv8.org/MG/BarrieRobinson.htm

PURVEYOR  of O-ring kits for Smith and Jaeger gauges
                         Stainless steel mesh grilles for MGBs
                         High-tech sound deadening materials
                       .........and Exotic wood gear lever knobs