Re: Connecting a voltmeter

To: "The Rays" <therays@ellijay.com>
Subject: Re: Connecting a voltmeter
From: Paul Root <ptrmgb@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:12:59 -0500
You need a ground and a voltage source. You don't want to use the
clock's power,
as it's continuous. The voltmeter will wear your battery down. I just
ran a wire
from a switched terminal of the fusebox.

I did this a couple of years ago, and the voltmeter was showing
15volts at speed,
which disturbed me. But I never found anything to explain it.

I put the clock back in.

Last month, the alternator went out on me. Hmm. Could be.

Paul.