[Mgb-v8] Holley vs Edelbrock

To: mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Subject: [Mgb-v8] Holley vs Edelbrock
From: Barrie Robinson <barrie@look.ca>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2010 11:23:07 -0400
I have had an Edelbrock (Weber) 1404 carb on my 3.5L Rover V8 motor
since day one.  I have never got the engine running "sweetly"
although I do have a mild cam.  I have found a mechanic who
understands these things and is heavy into track, hot rod and such
type cars.  He did a few things to my motor - found a few faults like
timing was off, carb was leaking air a bit.  Now it runs much better
but he is saying I should replace my carb with a Holley - night and
day he maintains.  He, and his high tech man (computers,chips,
whizbangs and that sort of new stuff) say no one runs Edelbrocks in
the stock/hot rod/track cars - no one!  Now RPi in UK extol the
virtues of the Edelbrock which sells in UK as a Weber, but then they
sell them - not Holleys.   Has anyone had both? and what difference
did you find?   Please accept my thanks in advance for any replies

Regards,

Barrie Robinson
barrie@look.ca
705-721-9060
MGB GT V8  in great nick
Aston Martin 1955 DB 2/4 MkII under restoration

Mgb-v8@autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation  $11.47
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive