Re: Tahoe bound?

To: Allen Bachelder <Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: Tahoe bound?
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 1995 09:54:01 +0000
On Thu, 23 Feb 1995, Allen Bachelder wrote:

> Actually, no.  The engine on the stand is for the '73 BGT.  I also have a
> '73 convertible that has made one or two round trips from Virginia to
> Chicago, two to Charlotte NC, and another to New Hampshire in the summer of
> '92.   The car desparately needs rear leaf springs and a speedo rebuild (it
> works, but I broke an angle drive in New York - and it ain't the cable).  I
> have the springs and hope to get 'em on . . . in the springtime, of course.

I need rear leaf springs badly... I'm waiting for the credit cards to
cool off a bit before buying them (haven't checked the price though).

I rebuilt my speedometer when I got this beast (last April).. it gave
speed but no odometer.  Turned out a spring clip inside had popped off.

(First time we got the car running for real, we took a tour around
Williamsburg.  What you DON'T do is go cruising in a car with no working
odometer, gas gauge, and no idea how much is in the tank <g>).

> When is Carlisle? I'm wondering if I can get away.

I think it is in April or May but perhaps someone on the list can clarify?

John M. Trindle     | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB E Stock     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle
"Remember, no matter where you go.... there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai"