Re: FWD MGs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: FWD MGs
From: James Harrison <james@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 95 15:46:18 GMT
What might be a better project would be to put the Metro Turbo motor into a
Midget - I have long dreamed of this. Did the Metro Turbo ever make it to
the US? This was an A-series powered small hatchback. The A series motor
was beefed up slightly (details are in the Vizard A-series book) with a
turbo strapped on. My guess is that it would be simple to take the relevant
bits of the front-wheel drive metro turbo block, bolt them into the casing
of an A series from a Midget, add the turbo plus carb (should all fit
easily) and add the oil cooled. Then put in the control box, fire her up
and FLYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!

  OK, I've recovered now. Seriously, anyone ever heard of this being done?

   cheers,
     james
--

     James Harrison