Re: '73 MGB Misc

To: mgs@autox.team.net (mgs)
Subject: Re: '73 MGB Misc
From: todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil (Todd Mullins)
Date: Mon, 6 Mar 1995 12:26:59 -0600 (CST)
Allen Bachelder writes:
> Some PO put a twin-tip ANSA on my '71 GT.  ' Looks great from a distance
> until you look carefully.  The cut-out in the rear valance is bunged up and
> it does not look like it is supposed to fit.

Here's your chance to educate me:  What's the benefit of twin-tip
exhausts?  It seems to me that if the cross-sectional area were
adequate, the exhaust gasses wouldn't care how many tips the system
had.  Is this a case of slick marketing?

And if it doesn't fit well, which obviously is the case, then why bother?

--

Todd Mullins
todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil     On the lovely Mississippi (USA) Coast

'74 MGB Sport Tourer with brand-new bone-stock exhaust (it makes pretty
                     noises)