leaking canister no more

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: leaking canister no more
From: woodcomp@vt.edu (chris lenth)
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 1995 12:13:24 +0500
I think I solved the leaking canister problem, although the EPA may not
approve of my methods.  By elimination, I (we) had pretty much resolved that
the fuel was comming forward from the vapor separator.  Since liquid fuel
was comming out, the vapor separator must have been passing liquid fuel
forward to the charcoal canister.  To inexpensively nip this thing in the
bud (thanks to Allen B's suggestion), I capped of the line leading from the
fuel tank to the vapor separator and installed a vented gas cap.  Car has
run fine in the 12 hours or so since, but the real test should come when I
top off the gas tank.  It will also be interesting to se if the new gas cap
is vented suffuciently to keep a vacuum from being created in the tank when
operating for long times at highway speeds.

thanks for all of your suggestions,

    Chris Lenth                                      _____\___
    Blacksburg, VA                               '--O-------O--'
    woodcomp@vt.edu                           1973 MGB