DICS VS WIRES

To: healeys@autox.team.net
Subject: DICS VS WIRES
From: ALAN_COSTICH@HPATC1.desk.hp.com
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 95 08:26:00 -0500
Ok. There has been lots of discussion of changing
spridgets from wires to discs and vice versa. Some axle
halfs are too long to go one way but not the other. Here's
the problem: I want to go to wires on my bugeye. Mike Gigante
says change over the whole rear end. Fine. I have some of
each, complete. But, the bugeye has quarter eliptic rear
springs. All the rear ends I have are half eliptic. Anybody
put a half eliptic rear suspension on a bugeye? I can see some
small problems with the front spring hangers, but nothing I can't
work out and overcome. The rear spring hangers pose somewhat
of different problem. I think later cars had some stiffeners
and gussets ober the mounting points. Ok. I can cut (there's
an understatement!) those pieces from one of the trashed bodies.
Anyone have any easier way to accomplish this swap?

Alan