Brake squeal

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake squeal
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 1995 14:35:08 -0600
Yesterday Dave Williamson wrote;

>This may sound kinda dumb, but did you check to see if the calipers
>were bolted on tightly?  Sounds are typical of a loose caliper hitting
>the rotor.  Just my $0.02 seasonally adjusted for inflation.

Even dumber, today I went out and checked and yes, in fact everything was
torqued to spec. The only blip I found was that the front right rotor was
j-u-u-s-s-t a hair out of true. Left was fine. They are new, so I kind of
expect that after six months. But I wouldn't think that would cause the
grinding.

The rear drums are cinched up tight but the shock bolts were a tad under
torque. And no, I didn't pull them off to see if the shoes were on
backwards. I KNOW I did that right.

Glenn
"Think - it ain't illegal yet." - G. Clinton / Pfunk

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com