rear springs, '74 Midget

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: rear springs, '74 Midget
From: R Glenn Stauffer <stauffer@cc.swarthmore.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 1995 09:57:25 -0400 (EDT)
I have a '74 pre-rubber Midget that I am restoring from "sat in the garage
for 8 years" condition.  The various metal bits are nicely rusted (storage
wasn't taken care of very well - no one to blame but me since it has been
my car for more than 10 years).  The rear springs are badly rusted and I
was considering taking them off and blasting and repainting them - which is
what I'm doing with alot of the bits.

Question I have is, are new springs readily available?  What do they usually
run and do they come complete or as components - ie, metal pieces, clips,
rubber bits, etc seperate?

Who has a good catalog of parts?  I know about Moss and need to get a new
catalog, but are their others worth having?

Thanks,

Glenn