Re: Silly Little MGB Questions

To: Todd Mullins <todd@nutria.nrlssc.navy.mil>
Subject: Re: Silly Little MGB Questions
From: Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu (Allen Bachelder)
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 1995 17:05:57 -0400
I have an addition to the 'Silly Little MGB Questions':

What is the little rectangular red light on the left side of the steering
column (on the dash) for?  I looked it up in a manual and it says that
its a brake test lamp.  How does it work?

hammed malik
92malikh@wave.scar.utoronto.ca

The light is supposed to come on if one of your brake system's dual
cylinders fails or if your handbrake is on - but Lucas knows enough not to
trust their own system - and that the primary reason your red light is not
on is because it isn't working.  Sooo - they provide you with the rocker
switch with which you may test the light - but how do you test the rocker
switch.

This raises another question.  The light works on my '76 but the rocker
switch doesn't move.  Was it a dummy by then, or is mine broken.

And another question.  Anybody know where I can get a new one of these
brake-light-test-switch deals for '72-76?  Silly question, I know, but
maybe somebody has a secret cache of NOS ones and is willing to part with
one.  I don't care if it works - is the chrome bezel in good shape?  (Like
most Lucas switches, it can be fixed).

Allen Bachelder