Re: Putting rubber bumpers on a chome bumper mg

To: Allen Bachelder <Allen.Bachelder@vt.edu>
Subject: Re: Putting rubber bumpers on a chome bumper mg
From: Robert Rhodes <aa101479@dasher.csd.scarolina.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 1995 20:23:37 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 17 Apr 1995, Allen Bachelder wrote:

> Rob - I would think that due to the removal of the body contour metal below
> the tail lamps  (and a different rear valance?) that a chrome bumper
> conversion would have to contain some sort of tell-tale filler material
> that would be a dead give-away.  There are similar problems in front.  ' Am
> curious about what the kit would contain.  I have both types, and
> personally, I like each for what it is.  I can't see why convert either
> type.
> Allen Bachelder

        I took a quick look through my old mags to see if I could find
more on the conversion.  It's in Classic and Sportscars, but I haven't
found the issue yet.
        I really wouldn't trash a good rubber bumper car just to put
chrome on it either.  I've had a 77 b and it was just dandy too.  If i
can find the article i'll include the parts it lists.

Rob in Columbia
72 MGB
86 Golf (but only until tommrow, I sold it today)
86 Nissan Pickup