Temp guages

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Temp guages
From: Locman@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 18:01:42 -0400
Hi folks,
    I'm new to this group, but I bet theres a lot of you out there who, like
me, are in there 40's and are reliving some of there teenage gearhead
passions. Since my divorce I've become the happy owner of:
1973 Norton Commando Cafe
1971 Norton Commando SS
1961 Royal Enfield Constellation
1975 MGB Roadster
    I get no end of satisfaction riding and wrenching these babys.
    Does anyone out there have any expirence testing temp guages?
Mine doesn't respond even to a touch from my 4amp battery charger. The temp
guage seems to be the most expensive single part in my Victoria British
Catalogue $ 399.00!  Are they repairable, are there any places that
recondition them?
    Remember. Always wear a white scarf when driving at night.
                                                              Thanks,
                                                              Lew Hosier