MGB & a Half 4 Sale(Revisited)

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB & a Half 4 Sale(Revisited)
From: MOGRITS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 1995 19:24:15 -0400
I will bomb both lists once more with this, then handle specifics as
requested one to one.

I had several people ask me about the '67 and was going to offer tools and a
garage to anyone wanting to buy it and drive it out of Spartanburg, but
before I do that read on.....

I saw the aforementioned car and a half today...both were moved from New York
10 years ago, to be restored, but not touched since. (The owner is 70 now,
and not getting younger)

1967 MGB is definitely complete, but not decent. Has major rust in all the
common places. Owner says engine is seized. (Maybe because it sat so
long...the last registration on it was 1975) Odometer reads 34K miles. All
underhood components are there, rusty wire wheels, leather seats, great dash
and instuments, oil cooler, new in box J.C. Whitney top for removable frame,
NO overdrive. He says $900.00 takes it home. (He has title, etc.)

1963 MGB is in boxes...Rebuilt engine (Three-main) is on a stand (stand
included) with no-lead head, new pistons, etc. etc. He has $700.00 in parts
receipts and $500.00 in labor on the engine rebuild, he quoted no price on
the engine. all other parts he said he would sell for 1/2 of the Victoria
British Price. To get an idea of the parts he has for this car, imagine
taking EVERYTHING off and out of the car except the wheels required to push it
 on a tow truck, and you'll understand. The dash and instruments were in
great shape, he has all the seats, knobs, handles, carburetors, manifolds,
screws, nuts...well, you get the picture. NON-Overdrive transmission.

Don't repeat this but he said he paid 750.00 apiece for the two cars 10 years
ago, so bargain accordingly. Once again his name and number: Burt Rolander
(803) 585-1310.

Email me before calling him, and if I can provide more details I will.

Warren (Not taking in a '67MGB AND new owner for the whole Summer) Smith