Rust Removal

To: british-cars-pre-war-owner <british-cars-pre-war-owner@triumph.cs.utah.edu>,
Subject: Rust Removal
From: "Palmer, Lew (UCI)" <LEW@p01.uci.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 95 16:24:00 PDT
I would seem to have a problem. I started investigating the availability of
chemical dip rust removal places and found there are none to be had in
Minnesota. I would believe that the Environmental Protection folks chased
them all out of business.

Given that I am launching into a ground up restoration of a reasonably solid
MGA, I would like to exorcise all the rust worms out of the body and chassis
before rebuilding the car. Also given that the MGA uses a box frame
construction, it is clear that blasting (of any kind - sand, plastic, glass,
etc) will not reach places it needs to reach.

The cost of chemical dipping is high enough, without adding $600 to ship the
car out of state to have this work done. But I would like to hear of other
solutions to the problem of a really GOOD method of rust removal.

Any ideas or offers accepted.

Regards,
Lew Palmer
lew@uci.com