Re: Tach Problem

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach Problem
From: "John M. Trindle" <jtrindle@tsquare.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 1995 15:46:07 -0400 (EDT)
On Thu, 27 Apr 1995 RDelany999@aol.com wrote:

> My 73 B tach has a tendancy to quit working at various times.
> Everytime it is near a shop, it works ok !!  As I'm out driving on a nice
> day, I look down, see it dropping off, going up, etc until it finally stops.
>
> Anyone experience a like problem?  Any suggestions?

Does tapping on the glass settle it momentarily, or can you switch it
between normal and low with a tap (and vice versa?)

If so, it is a loose connection inside the gauge.  I'm told this is
REALLY common.  I haven't delved into mine yet, but will be soon (I'm
sick of not knowing where redline is).

John M. Trindle | jtrindle@tsquare.com | Tidewater Sports Car Club
'73 MGB DSP     | '69 Spitfire E Stock | '88 RX-7 C Stock
Home Page:  http://www.widomaker.com/~trindle