Re: RE : Automatic MG - Dont Knock it!!:)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: RE : Automatic MG - Dont Knock it!!:)
From: jtilton@vt.edu (Jay Tilton)
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 1995 22:37:47 +0600
dgriffin@ozemail.com.au (David Griffin) writes:

>Another point - you can quite easily convert a manual to auto with out
>destroying or modifying the car its all bolt on

Hmm.  This gives me a thought.  (Yes, it hurt.  The first one's always the
hardest.)

The Haynes manual says the automatic used in the MGB is a Borg-Warner type
35.  In what other vehicles was this tranny used?

My thought is that if it's a simple swap between the manual and automatic on
an MGB, and it's also a simple swap between the manual and automatic on
whatever other car the B-W 35 is used, then it should also be a simple swap
between the MGB manual and the <other car> manual.

For instance, if the B-W 35 can also be found a Nissan Foobar, then I should
probably be able to swipe a 5-speed from a Foobar and slide it into my MGB
with no hassles.  Yes?  No?
--
Jay Tilton     | Hoka hey!
jtilton@vt.edu