re: Spare

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: re: Spare
From: Colin Brace <BRACEC@A1.MGH.HARVARD.EDU>
Date: Wed, 03 May 1995 09:42:00 -0500 (EST)
       SAAB rims on an MGB. Been there. Done that. Approved for MGOC racing
       series (UK). I finally broke down & bought a 5th rostyle as a spare,
       primarily because I got sick of "whatkindarimsthat? Huh? Huh? Huh?"
       every time I opened the trunk. Previously, the snows would come off
       the SAAB and one would go into the trunk of the B. It's a dead-on fit,
       no problems whatsoever. These were the steel rims, never tried the
       alloys, from either our (RIP) 1984 900 or my present 1989 9000S. They
       sit a mite taller, especially on my B (195/60x14 MGB vs 185/65x15
       SAAB), however.

       By the way, rear-drive Toyota Corolla rims work, too. Used that when I
       was SAAB-less. They bolted right up, also.

       Colin        WA1KWA

       bracec@a1.mgh.harvard.edu

       74 MGB - Now with 5 rostyles
       73 BMW 3.0s - These WON'T fit!
       89 SAAB 9000S - Emergency tire source for MGB