after winter storage tips please

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: after winter storage tips please
From: HY FREEDMAN - 6036 <HFREEDMAN@MtRoyal.AB.CA>
Date: Wed, 03 May 1995 08:56:14 -0600 (MDT)
I have a 66 B, very original and driveable.  Most winters (can get
very cold here in Southern Alberta) I drive it into an unheated garage
and (please no flames here) just start it up early May and drive it
out.  Usually no problems.  Some years I take the plugs out and squirt
a bit of oil down the cylinder walls.  Battery gets left in and no
other precautions taken.

Can anyone provide, or point me to a source of, hints and tips as to
what to do prior to and just after starting it up?

thanks

Y. H. ("Hy") Freedman - Instructor, Computer Science and Information
Systems Department, Mount Royal College
voice: 403 - 240 - 6036 (MRC) fax: 403 - 240 - 6664 (MRC)
voice/fax: 403 - 850 - 0661 (Personal, call first for Fax)
Post Address: 4825 Richard Road S.W., Calgary, Alberta, Canada, T3E 6K6
InterNet:       HFREEDMAN@MTROYAL.AB.CA