New MGS member intro

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: New MGS member intro
From: Bill Lattimer <m22@primenet.com>
Date: Thu, 4 May 1995 18:25:56 -0500 (CDT)
I've been on the british-cars mailing list for a while, but just joined
the MGS list.  I have a 1970 MGB Roadster that I bought two years ago
because I remembered from my misspent youth that they were a) fun and b)
cheap.  I had a mental picture of what I wanted (chrome wires, fender
mirror, triple wipers, etc.) but initially found nothing but junk.  I
finally took to getting the Sunday paper Saturday night, and one Sat.
eve. saw what I was looking for.  I called the owner and said I wanted to
come right over (since I'd been scooped a few times).  He said he
couldn't, and couldn't tomorrow since it was Mother's Day.  I told him
I'd be there *before* they headed out a 9:00 AM.  Thinking I was slightly
looney, he reluctantly agreed.  When I got there, he wasn't up yet, but I
did peek in the garage window.  Love at first sight - everything I was
looking for, and in a gold color that was stunning.

I've had a ball getting the car cleaned up, although I've taken to
calling the previous owner "Wood Screw", since that seems to be all he
ever used in repairing the car. I've since done a SPAX tube shock
conversion, rebuilt the front suspension, replaced the rear springs,
put on ADDCO anti-sway F/R,
converted to a sidedraft Weber, installed an Aldon 43D distributor and
put on a Janspeed header/exhaust system.  Future plans are harder
springs, a limited slip diff, rollbar and an engine rebuild this winter.
I may put on a Sebring body kit as well, since I intend to do a new body
shell someday.