Re: fwd: Proper oil to use in OD Tranmi

To: Mike=McDevitt%WasteWaterEng%TWDB_Engineerin@vines.twdb.state.tx.us,
Subject: Re: fwd: Proper oil to use in OD Tranmi
From: VRHS43A@prodigy.com (MR JOHN H TWIST)
Date: Thu, 04 May 1995 22:45:25 EDT
The PROPER GEARBOX OIL for your overdrive (or standard) MGB gearbox,
1963-1980 is ENGINE OIL.  We use Castrol 20W/50 at my shop, University
Motors, and have used that oil for TWENTY YEARS.  I know there is confusion
and I know that there is misinformation and sometimes I suspect
disinformation about this very straightforward subject.  Read the workshop
manual!!  USE ENGINE OIL!!  Safety Fast!  John Twist