mgb turn signals

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: mgb turn signals
From: James Robert Mcdougal <jmcd@cats.ucsc.edu>
Date: Fri, 5 May 1995 21:03:19 -0700 (PDT)
Dear Experts:

        I have just signed on to this great mailing list, and I would
apreciate it if someone could give me some advice on my turn signals. I
have owned my chrome bumper '74 MBG for about three years now, And my
turn signals have never worked in all that time. When I bought it, I
replaced the turn signal stalk (the old one had been broken off). Silly,
ex-mustang man that I was, I thought that that would fix the problem.
about two months after that, one morning as I was driving to school, the
right hand signals started when I staarted the car, the continued
flashing all the way to school, and when I turned the engine off, they
were just so excited to be working again, that they kept on flashing. I
ended up disconecting the battery positive cable. When I re-conected the
battery to drive back home, the flashers had been silenced.
Unfortunately, this was more than two years ago, and they have been
silent for all that time. I have tried tracing the wiring (spaghetti to
me). I have tried exchanging the flashers. Are there any secret grounds
that I should check? At this point, I am ready to call up a witch doctor
to have the evil deamons cast out.

                Thank you for your help,
                        Jim McDougal
                        jmcd@cats.ucsc.edu