Re: Repair shops in SF Bay Area

To: MR FRANK A DOUGHERTY <TJRC29A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: Repair shops in SF Bay Area
From: Douglas Tietz <dwtietz@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Mon, 8 May 1995 17:49:13 -0700 (PDT)
On Sun, 7 May 1995, MR FRANK A DOUGHERTY wrote:

> Who can do this work and what experiences have you had with
> them (who is good? and who should I avoid?)?

I reccomend:

O'Connor Classics
Scott Blvd., Santa Clara.

I've never had any work done by him, but I've bought plenty of parts there
while restoring my 61 MGA.  He's always been extremely honest with me, to
the point of pointing out lower quality in some reproduction parts.  He's
always given free advice whenever I needed it and I haven't yet come up
with a question he couldn't answer.  One time he even loaned me a set of
wire wheels for a week to put on a parts car for transport.  He always has
a restoration or two going, as well as a number of cars for sale, and the
quality is always excellent.  A number of customers also go to him for
service.  He specializes in MG's (especially T-series, I think), but he's
a Moss distributor and also works on other British cars.

Doug Tietz