tonneau questions

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: tonneau questions
From: wzehring@cmb.biosci.wayne.edu (Will Zehring)
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 09:41:03 +0500
Fellow fiends:

I'm thinking of getting a full tonneau cover for my '63B.  You haven't lived
until you've tried to put down the early folding tops.  They are an absolute
tangle of joints, ribs, and vinyl.  I'm assuming that sooner or later we in
the Great Lakes area will have some top down weather and I'm thinking that a
tonneau would be a nice addition (so the top won't have to go up/down so
frequently).  I have no great illisions regarding the ability of a tonneau
to fully seal out "weather" but I still think the early top mechanism is a
major nuisance.  No, this car does not have the early top frame that stores
in the trunk.  This one is deffinately one of those demonic folding ones.  I
could have done a better job with my erector set!

To my question:  at the rear the tonneau attaches just like the top does.
How does it attach at the front?  My guess is there are three snaps: one
below each wing window and one in the vicinity of the rear view mirror post
on the dash.  Yes/no?  My car is not equipped with these snaps so I guess
some drilling is in order (cringe).

Will Zehring