GoF West & Ranting

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: GoF West & Ranting
From: laner@teleport.com (Lane Rollins)
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 08:44:08 -0700
It looks like I'm driving by myself to the GoF again this year. So what I'm
looking for is suggestions on route and people I might be able to call on
along the way if I have mechanical problems. On the way down I'm planning
to take a fairly leisurely drive down, but on the way back I'm going to
have to flog the TF and get home as quick as I can ( this should be fairly
butt numbing ).  I'll be leaving Portland on July 8th or 9th.

And now for the ranting portion of our show...... It's about ethics or lack
there of. A person on this list accepted an offer I made on a car. I
e-mailed him back immediately after I got his e-mail telling him it would
take a couple of days to put the cash together. It took me a couple of days
to reach him on the telephone and when I did he told me had sold it to
somebody else for $500 more. I told him I thought that was real sleazy
thing to do but his response was that he had to watch out for his own
financial interest.

Thanks for letting me vent and for help on planning the trip
Lane

    /  _______  \         Lane Rollins
   / /  /| ||\\\ \        Milwaukie, Or
  / //\//| || \\\ \       laner@teleport.com
  \ \   || || /// /       '86 Mazda RX7 (Damp Driver)