Start up Oil pres.

To: MGS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Start up Oil pres.
From: Glen Bolen <boleng@metro.or.gov>
Date: Wed, 10 May 1995 12:59:10 -0700
>SCOTT HOWER!  Turn your rebuilt engine from time to time, the the >ESSENTIAL
and IMPORTANT rule here is to crank the engine with the >starter motor,
plugs out, until you have oil pressure BEFORE starting >the engine!!  This
ensures that you will not damage your bearings at >startup.  Good luck.

I recently rebuilt an engine for a VW Rabbit.  Before startup I  made a
little tool to fit into my electric drill that fits into the distributor
hole to turn the oil pump.  This way the oil is pumped around without
moving any other parts in the process.

glen bolen