Re: tire question

To: HY FREEDMAN - 6036 <HFREEDMAN@MtRoyal.AB.CA>
Subject: Re: tire question
From: Marc Steinberg <marc@crl.com>
Date: Thu, 11 May 1995 18:01:26 -0700 (PDT)
I could be wrong (often am), but I've never heard of tubeless tires on
wire wheels.  So far as I know, it isn't whether or not the _tires_ are
designed for tubes, it's whether or not you have tubes inside the tires.

I just bought four new tires for my '63 B last fall, and they were
trucked in by a specialty garage from somewhere in Kentucky or Tennessee
-- they're the size you specified, and they're made by Sumitomo.  They're
"tubeless" but mounted with innertubes inside.

I've been pretty happy with them -- big improvement over rotting bias-ply
-- but then, I don't exactly overtax my car, either.  I seem to remember
having Goodyear Eagles on a '76 B with wires when I was in high school,
but I was totally ignorant at them time.

-- Marc
GHN3/8214