Re: tire question

To: HFREEDMAN@MtRoyal.AB.CA, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: tire question
From: Vintagemg@aol.com
Date: Sat, 13 May 1995 08:39:27 -0400
If you are going to use the spoke wheel, you will need tubes.  You can put
tubes in any tires.  Make sure that the ends of the spokes are covered
(usually with a piece of rubber, I'm sure it has a name) so that the spoke
ends do not cut the tube.  I have 15" wire wheels on my MGA vintage racer and
I have run modern radials and vintage style tires with tubes.  I have not had
any problems with tires or tubes melting, and they get quite hot sliding
around the track.  But then again, after 1000 miles I replace the rubber.
 The tubes I reuse.

Jay Nadelson
1960 MGA Roadster
VintageMG@aol.com