Re: New hood (Convertable Top)

To: whitej@sunynassau.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New hood (Convertable Top)
From: MOGRITS@aol.com
Date: Tue, 16 May 1995 15:24:16 -0400
I would avoid any and all Crown tops at all costs. I posted a short time back
about a nightmare experience with a Crown on MGB.

The thing didn't fit well, the zipper on the rear window exploded the first
time I used it (It was a VERY hot day, so it wasn't operator error). Within
one year the "dielectrically welded" seam in the vinyl above the rear window
came diametrically unwelded, the snap straps at the upper corners of the door
windows were cheesy, as were all the snaps, etc.

This top was "professionally" installed, supposedly to replace the few month
old top that this ding-dong body man damaged during a repaint.

(Oh, did I mention how cheesey the vinyl grain looked?)

I made him pay me the $239.00 it would cost me to get another top of my
choosing installed (Get your filthy bondo-ing hands off my 'B !!!) and went
elsewhere for what I had previously, which was a top made by "Key
Manufacturing", in Charlotte, NC. They only wholesale, so go to a
trim/upholstery shop and have them order for you. I could locate their
number, by calling information in Charlotte, area code 704, but then so could
anyone else.

Well, you did ask.....

YMMV

Warren Smith, '72B