Midget Heatshield

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Midget Heatshield
From: bfenwic@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 12:49:23 -0400 (EDT)
Dear MG List,

        I have been on the list for a while now, but I have been quite.  I
need some help locating a part for my Midget.  I have a 1979 Midget
1500 (one of the last ones ever built and imported into the U.S.) with
twin SU carbs on it.  I am looking for an original heat sheild for it,
but am unable to find one.  I have contacted almost all MG parts
dealerships in the U.S. and they are unable to help (have contacted Moss
and Victoria British.)  I have sent some letters to England but have
gotten no response.  Everyone I approach or talk to about this, they tell
me I'm crazy and that it can't be done.  So if anyone out there can help
me locate a heat shield in the U.S. or England, I would very much
appreciate the help.  I would like to get it running as soon as possible.

Thanks!
Benjamin K. Fenwick

 | *     * *  **** |         Vintage Motorsports Ltd.
   +     * ***** +            Benjamin K. Fenwick