Re: Midget Heatshield

To: bfenwic@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU
Subject: Re: Midget Heatshield
From: Nick Benson <grayoak@holly.colostate.edu>
Date: Thu, 18 May 1995 15:24:23 -0600 (MDT)

On Thu, 18 May 1995 bfenwic@UOFT02.UTOLEDO.EDU wrote:

> Dear MG List,
>
>       I have been on the list for a while now, but I have been quite.  I
> need some help locating a part for my Midget.  I have a 1979 Midget
> 1500 (one of the last ones ever built and imported into the U.S.) with
> twin SU carbs on it.  I am looking for an original heat sheild for it,
> but am unable to find one.  I have contacted almost all MG parts
> dealerships in the U.S. and they are unable to help (have contacted Moss
> and Victoria British.)  I have sent some letters to England but have
> gotten no response.  Everyone I approach or talk to about this, they tell
> me I'm crazy and that it can't be done.  So if anyone out there can help
> me locate a heat shield in the U.S. or England, I would very much
> appreciate the help.  I would like to get it running as soon as possible.
>
> Thanks!
> Benjamin K. Fenwick

Ben,
        It's unlikely that you'll find this part.  It may be easier to
make one out of sheet metal. I've promised that I'd make one for my
'78 Midget for three years though!
        One thing that puzzles me is the carb. set-up you have.  The
later Midgets changed to a single Zenith '150CD' circa 1975/6.  Someone
may have changed yours.

        Anyone out there have any info. on this carb set-up???
        Was it a Canadian version?

Nick D. Benson
Dept. of Industrial Sciences
Colorado State University