Re: Datsun parts for MG's

To: jtilton@vt.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Datsun parts for MG's
From: TATERRY@aol.com
Date: Fri, 19 May 1995 09:17:47 -0400
In a message dated 95-05-18 10:35:29 EDT,  Jay Tilton wrote:

>real roller thrust bearings
>specifically designed for the MGB (don't know about MGA's) as a
>"heavy duty"
>replacement for the carbon bearing.

I don't know why but this thread seems like deja vu....I am not sure it was
on this list but I remember a lot of discussion about the advisability of
replacing the Carbon throw out with a roller or ball bearing and the
considered opinion of most was that this was not a good idea.... Something
about how the fork offers up the ball bearing
at an angle and the result is very short life.  I've always found that if one
stays off the pedal at stop lights the life of the carbon is longer than that
of the clutch disc.....just my thoughts...
Cheers, Terry