Re: leaf spring sag & door locks

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: leaf spring sag & door locks
From: glenns@edge.ercnet.com (Glenn Schnittke)
Date: Tue, 23 May 1995 01:07:52 -0500
>I have noticed for a while now that the driver's side of my '68 B is lower than
>-the passenger side, but only in the rear.  I think this must be worn leaf
>springs.  I noticed that new ones cost about 65-70 bucks each new, and I was
>wondering if anything else could be done besides replacing them.  Also, if I
>were to replace them, should I do some further work on the rear suspension at
>the same time?

How do you know that it's the rear springs that are causing the rear to sag?
It could still be the front. B's tend to lean to the left, and my own humble
but usually correct opinion is that it is a reflection on thier drivers who
can't spel but care a lot.

I had to replace my rear springs because they were more like linguini than
springs and I've still got a liberal B. I wouldn't call it radical left, but
it's not voting for term limits. Replacing either set is easy enough to do
in a gravel driveway with a couple of jackstands and a scissors or hydraulic
jack, and don't forget the soap on the bushes or you'll be sorry.
"Mine doesn't have a computer in it -
I have to do all it's thinking for it."

Glenn Schnittke                    Recovering Musician
Nashville TN                       615-385-2800
glenns@edge.ercnet.com             72147.3635@compuserve.com