57 MGA vacuum line

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: 57 MGA vacuum line
From: Karl Best <KARL_BEST@novell.com>
Date: Thu, 25 May 1995 11:06:39 -0600
Can anyone tell me where on my '57 MGA 1500 the vacuum line is
attached at the carburator end?

I've looked around the carbs and intake manifold but have failed to find a
place to screw the connector in. Both carbs have stubby sort of things
on the sides, but they aren't threaded ('cept the one that the choke
linkage cam is attached to) and the holes don't go through to the air flow.

Of course none of the workshop manuals are helpful enough to say
where to attach anything, no pictures go into that much detail, and the
car was dissassembled when I got it.

-Karl

p.s. otherwise Maggie should be on the road "real soon now", maybe
this weekend.