Re: MGC's

To: Lawrence Hartley <lhartley@server.chem.ufl.edu>
Subject: Re: MGC's
From: ek_john_luthy <luthy@cesd.servtech.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Jun 1995 01:58:59 -0400 (EDT)
On Wed, 31 May 1995, Lawrence Hartley wrote:

> I've been a subscirber for a couple of weeks to the MG newsletter and
> have gleaned lots of useful stuff from the many postings.
>
> One thing I haven't seen has been MGC info :-(
>
> Anybody out there own one, besides me???  I understand everything from
> the windscreen back is 'B'.  Is this correct?
>
> Cheers  :-)

        I just happen to have one of the MGC's that was built. I even got
to drive it once. And I look forward to driving it again someday. It only
has 31,000 miles on it and when I got it it had been sitting around since
1974  btw it is a 1969 GT with overdrive. Everything needed fixin'. And I
still need a bonnet for it.
        The transmision is differnt from a b and so is the rear axle
ratio also the spedo and tach. I also suspect the rear springs are
differnt.
        I saw a picture of a MGC with a 1970 grill in it in a book
called  MGB MGC & V8 GOLD PORTFOLIO  it is a brroklands book. The picture
looked like it was taken in 70. My car had a 70 grill in it when I got
it, and the license plate that is on it was issued in 70. I wonder if it
was a leftover on the lot and the dealer put the new grill in it so it would
look like the "new" cars and be easier to sell.
        I think that my car saw some time as a "race" car. It has it's
oil cooler relocated to below the bumper in the front valence. It also
had some very "intersting" steel wheels on it (it is a wire wheel car).
                            ^ 4-sale ^

        Enough about my car for now.

                LEX